Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow+Rain= the Sky is Shitting (?)

I now pose a question for Lee, Christine, and anyone else who might have found this blog: What in the world do you call what is currently going on outside my window?
I apologize for all the questions-- I promise it won't become a regular theme, but really. I only understand rain and what happens between 40 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it drops below that, I am lost. To the left is a painting by Claude Monet, "Grainstacks, the Effect of Snow and Rain." I love Monet, but this an over-romanticization if I have ever seen one! Driving to work this morning the world did not look nearly so beautiful and peaceful. But hey, I guess that is why we love Monet: he makes us stop and reconsider the mudane.
In other news, today I am wearing my favorite piece of clothing. It actually belongs to my mom, but she is lending it to me until Christmas. It is a Gucci scarf cerca 1980, and it is the definition of FAB! Red, blue, green, and white stripes of varying sizes and order interdespersed with subtle Gucci themes. So today really can't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment